If you go out to a restaurant to eat, you probably
watch your calories very closely. To assist you
with your calorie watching when dining out, these
tips will help you make the most of it.
Healthy Body Slimming
– Always order salad dressings or sauces on the side,
as this way you have control over how much you add
to your meal.
– When you order grilled fish or vegetables, you
should ask that the food be grilled without butter
or oil, or prepared with very little or either or.
– Anytime you order pasta dishes, be on the lookout
for tomato based sauces instead of the cream based
sauces. Tomato based sauces are much lower in fat
and calories, and tomato sauce can even be counted
as a vegetable!
– You should always try to drink water, diet soda,
or tea instead of soda or beverages that contain
– If you order dessert, share with a friend. Half
of the dessert will equal half of the calories.
– When you choose a soup, remember that cream
based soups are higher in fat and calories than
other soups. A soup can be a great appetizer, as
most are low in calories and you fill you up pretty
– When ordering a baked potato, ask for salsa instead
of sour cream, butter, cheese, or even bacon. Salsa
is very low in calories and provides a healthy
alternative with plenty of flavor and spice.
– When you are full, stop eating. Listen to your
body and what it tells you.
– If you get full, take half of your meal home.
The second portion of your meal can serve as a second
meal later. This way, you get two meals for the
price of one.
– If you’re looking to eat less, order two appetizers
or an appetizer and a salad as your meal.
– If you get a choice of side dishes, get a baked
potato or steamed vegetables instead of french
– Always look for food on the menu that’s baked,
grilled, broiled, poached, or steamed. These types
of cooking use less fat in the cooking process and
are usually much lower in calories.
– Plain bread or rolls are low in both fat and
calories. When you add the butter and oil, you
increase the fat and calorie intake.
– As key ingredients to your meal, choose dishes
with fruits and vegetables. Both fruits and
vegetables are great sources of dietary fiber as
well as many vitamins and minerals.
– Choose foods made with whole grains, such as 1
whole wheat bread and dishes made with brown rice.
– If you crave dessert, look for something with
low fat, such as berries or fruit.
– Always remember not to deprive yourself of the
foods you truly love. All types of foods can fit
into a well balanced diet.